Monday, March 21, 2011

How do you celebrate St. Patricks Day in Korea?

By wearing green moustaches of course! Being foreign, me and my coworkers know the importance of St. Paddys Day! we made it our mission to wear green and drink beer! Success! And while preaching to the masses about the "Kiss me I'm Irish" holiday, I also informed people of the importance of moustaches.





A lot of Koreans did not know what St. Patricks Day was (and subsequently cannot grow moustaches). I guess the amount of Irish-Korean descendants is very low. But did we ever inform anyone who would listen about St. Patricks Day and all its glory. And while I did not get to drink green beer, I did get to see a fire show at the bar we went to!






Overall it was a pretty good celebration! I mean really can you go wrong when there are moustaches, beer and fire involved? And so in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, I leave you with a favorite Irish quote: "For each petal on the shamrock, this brings a wish your way- good health, good luck, good beer okay I added that one) and happiness, for today and everyday."

No comments:

Post a Comment