Saturday, February 26, 2011

When friends come to visit....

Its sure to be a grand ol' time! My adoptive friends (also known as "My Boys") Sang-do and Hae-ho came to Ansan for a visit! We met Jess and Will for dinner, and had quite the night!



First, we ate chicken galbi. Galbi is a type of Korean BBQ, where the meat is prepared at the table. Let me explain. This is absolutely DELICIOUS!



Chicken and loads of vegetables are grilled at the table by the waiter. A perfect match for So-mek (Soju mixed with beer). When the chicken is almost 3/4 of the way gone, the waiter comes and adds rice. It gets mixed and forms a crust on the bottom...


I am one lucky girl!!!The waiter made our fried rice in the shape of a heart for me!


Of course I had to get a picture with him, because he was just too cute!! And yes.... I am wearing an apron. I thought it went with my outfit quite well actually!



Its funny because as I have mentioned, most of the time in Korea, when you eat, you drink. Or I should say, when you drink, you eat. We had quite the time playing drinking games with the Soju, cider and beer at the table. My favorite so far has to be titanic:


Hae-ho is pouring Soju into a shot glass that sits on top of beer. The person who makes the shot drop (fall to the bottom for you non-drinkers) has to drink the whole thing. It gets pretty detailed; I was dropping that soju one drip at a time. But... it is ingenious.

We went for a few drinks after dinner, and thank goodness, "Foreigners Welcome"!





Of course, with such a motley crew, we were sure to make friends! I love Korean culture! A lot of Koreans have just started talking to me in English, and while they get to practice, I get to make friends!





While the night was great, the highlight was Hae-ho's shirt. Because Jess, Will and myself speak English, we thought this shirt was just awesome! Sang-do and Hae-ho didn't know what the English words "masturbation" and "oral copulation" meant, which ended up in the most awkward of conversations, complete with actions (thanks to Will- absolutely not by me! I was flushed in the face the whole conversation) but now its my goal in Korea to find a shirt just as awesome for Trev!!




As always, my weekend was filled with delicious food, delicious friends, and delicious experiences!! Onto find exceptionally great T-shirts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment